Writing for Reflect On This is a great opportunity to gain experience and exposure. This site will grant you an instant platform and audience, and will afford you the ability to connect with a vast readership from all over the world. Read more below about what it takes…
What is Reflect On This Looking for?
Fresh and Original Content: We are looking for catchy, creative, engaging, original, and unpublished writing. So, if you are a writer with a passion for the written word, a creative and engaging tone, and a unique style, then please keep reading.
Engaging Topics: The main areas of interest to Reflect On This readers are:
- Health & Well-Being – how to feel more alive and live healthier.
- Life & Living – reflections on relationships, daily life, languages, culture, and much more.
- Reviews – reviews of books, products, and services that can and do make a difference in our lives.
- Spirituality – reflections on the soul and insights on attaining inner-beauty and peace. (We do not endorse any particular religion or approach to spirituality, as is clear on our About page).
Submission Guidelines & Tips:
Admittedly, this list might appear a bit daunting. Don’t let that deter you. This list actually contains the secrets of making a truly successful and fruitful blog post with Reflect On This. Your post will have a much greater chance of getting the exposure that we all desire if you follow these guidelines.
- File Type: Submit your post as a Microsoft Word or Mac Pages document.
- Word Count: approximately 550–750 words.
- Spaces After Periods: We appreciate only one space after a full stop/period for the purpose of starting a new sentence.
- Numbers: Numbers from 1-9 should be written alphabetically i.e. one, two, three. Numbers from 10 onwards should be in numeric format i.e. 10, 11, 12.
- Ask for Engagement: We recommend asking readers of your post to engage you in the comments section. This will bring more traffic to the site. One way to ensure this is to sprinkle questions to the audience throughout your post and to end with a clear call for participation. That said, please feel free to be creative in your own way.
- Use Creative Headings: Break your post up into sections by using creative headings. Every paragraph or two is good. Here is a nice example: Living with the Seasons
- Include Pictures: Try to include at least 2 pictures that are relevant to your post. We respect copyright and always like to give credit where credit is due. Therefore, please use the Creative Commons search for images, or use your own images. List all images with title, credit, and link at the end of your post. Please also indicate where images should be included in your post like this: [ insert image #1 here ].
- Refer to Books: Reference at least one book from Amazon.com by book title, author name, and direct link to Amazon.com. We will handle coding this into the site and placing an image of the book cover in your post for you.
- Write a Short Description: Please include a 155-character-or-less description (including spaces) of your post that describes your article in the most direct and engaging way. For example: The importance of seasonal living and how being outdoors, noticing nature’s signs, and seasonal activities can increase one’s awareness. (That was 136 characters, with spaces).
- Include Your Biography: Unless you are ghostwriting for us, please provide a short bio citing your education and interests. This will be displayed at the bottom of every article you write. A few examples can be found here: Author Bio Example 1 / Author Bio Example 2
- Share Your Post: If your submission is selected and published, we encourage you to share it with all of your family and friends via email, your website, and social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
Where do I send my submission?
Once your submission is prepared (based on the aforementioned guidelines and tips), please submit it to: editor at reflectonthis.com